NY / Seoul
Teacher / Worship Leader
25 Random and Not-So-Random Facts:
1. I am korean-american.
2. I am a twin.
3. My name is Brian because I was born second. My parents didn’t have English names picked out for me and my brother so the nurse just labeled us Baby A and Baby B… from which you get Andrew and Brian. On a side note, we don’t know if we’re identical or fraternal… some people are convinced we’re fraternal, some are convinced we’re identical.. we would have to get a blood test done to know for sure.
4. One of my favorite quotes is from Martin Luther King Jr., “I submit to you that if a man hasn’t discovered something he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.”
5. I am a connoisseur of random facts and useless talents.
6. I lead worship at a charismatic church that meets in a bar (www.newphilly.cc) in Seoul.
7. I could never write more than a couple entries in a blog without getting bored.
8. I love ping pong and volleyball way too much.
9. I grew up in a mostly jewish town in NY. The inventor of facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, is actually from my hometown and I used to be on the tennis team with him (he wasn’t very good) before he transferred to a private school. He’s also probably the first mutli-billionaire from my town (Jesse McCartney is also from my town, but he’s probably still only in the millions).
10. I’ve taught ms/hs math at an international school in seoul for the last 2 years.
11. I told my students that if you translated the words in each sentence Optimus Prime says in Transformers into binary code and added them up, it would add up to a prime number. They believed me.
12. I am blessed.
13. My group of friends in high school consisted of an Indian kid, Jewish kid, Hispanic kid, African American kid, and a white kid.
14. The first thing I do when I go back to NY is eat chicken and rice from 53rd and 6th.
15. I don’t pay taxes because I work overseas. Booyah overseas tax exemption!
16. I was a civil engineering major for 2 years before switching over to and graduating with a degree in ethnic studies: asian american studies.
17. I graduated on a wednesday in NY. I started work in Korea the following monday.
18. I played korean traditional drums for columbia’s Korean drum troupe: hoheup.
19. My korean has barely gotten better, despite having been in korea for the last 2 years.
20. My mom is hilarious and gives me random pictures to photoshop so she can post them on a website that she runs with all the ajujmas at our homechurch.
21. My nose is slightly crooked. When I was in high school I got hit during a volleyball practice and knocked to the floor. I didn’t notice until a few months later that it was crooked.. and now whenever my mom looks at me, she tells me to get plastic surgery.
22. I can spin almost anything. Our couch cushions back at home all had holes in the middle where me and my brother used to spin them. I can also spin my tennis rackets.
23. I am the master of Mario Kart 64, specifically at Mario Raceway. When I was in 8th grade I entered into a contest for Nintendo Power magazine and won a golden controller… it was just gold-colored… but it was one of the original 1000 golden controllers ever made! I lost it sometime during high school…
24. I am a nerd at heart.
25. I am loved and nobody can take that away from me.
We’ll be sending infrequent emails about new features, fun events, and cool merchandise. Sign up and be in the know!
Age 27 | NY/NJ
Age 20 | Irvine, CA
full-time student, singer-songwriter
Age 30 | Seoul/NYC
Writer, Blogger, University Lecturer
Age 15 | Northridge, California
Pop, R & B, Gospel/Inspirational, Counrty/Pop, Broadway
Age 19 | San Jose/Emeryville, CA
Student and DJ
Age 15 | L.A.